Thursday, June 14, 2012

Phase 2 Day 9 and 10

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday...I am working on a project right now that is taking all my time! I am also getting home later because of my tutoring schedule right now. All my students want lots of extra time because it is finals and provincials in the next week! June is always SO busy! So, on day 9 I woke up and I was 254.6, which was a loss of 0.8lbs. I was happy with this and am hovering right around 12lbs gone, which is amazing :)

Here is what I ate:
Breakfast: Green Tea
Lunch: Beef Stuffed Tomatoes (193 calories)
Snack: Orange (62 calories)
Dinner: Chicken, Apple and Cabbage Slaw (236 calories)

Total Calories: 491

Yesterday was a crazy evening and my hubby didn't have time to make dinner and I was getting home late and had my project to work on. SO, I offered to pick him up dinner. I can't believe I did that, but I went to Wendy's, got a burger and fries for him and just tried to not smell as I drove home. Then, we had to bring cookies to an event on Wednesday night, so Sam made his famous cookies. I honestly wanted to cry smelling them and seeing the piles and piles of homemade cookies...this diet is such a battle with your mind!



I am trying so hard to be excited about my cabbage salad, which my hubby is eating a burger!

Now for Day 10, today. I woke up and I was 255.2, which is a gain of 0.6lbs. I am depressed. I feel like I am stuck around the 255 mark. I really, really, really hope that something happens tomorrow, because if not, I will be doing an apple day!

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Green Tea
Lunch: 150g cabbage (36 calories), 100g ground beef (137 calories), liquid amino, Melba toast (20 calories)
Dinner: Scrambled Eggs (1 whole, 3 whites) (180 calories), 4 cups of lettuce (30 calories), Apple (72 calories), Melba toast (20 calories)

Total Calories: 495

I am little worried about tomorrow because I was RUNNING at work today and could not drink near enough water today! Life for a teacher is SO busy in June...I, for one, cannot wait until my life slows down a little bit!!

One sweet story before I go: my students walk in today with a caramel iced coffee for me. I expressed my pleasure and thanks, but politely declined and explained why. The kids looked so upset and I felt really bad, but nothing compared to how I felt when one of them walked in with a cake that THEY MADE for me last night! My students are incredible and amazing and I felt SO SO bad! I promised them that I would have a piece, I just didn't say when. Tonight I put a small, tiny, miniscule bite in my mouth to get the taste (I actually even spit that out after a second), and now I feel okay because I am able to tell them that it was delicious...and it was! I know I am making progress because I spit out the teeny bite I put in because I truly have no REAL desire to eat those types of things right now. Sure, the thought of sugar or carbs is wonderful, but when it comes right down to it, I don't want them. I WANT to lost weight, I WANT to get healthier, and I WANT to break my addiction to sugar. Progress and growth is happening, even if my weight loss isn't! Well blogger world, until tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're doing great! What willpower. It sounds like your students love you and that you cherish them back.