Friday, June 8, 2012

Phase 2 Day 4 ... a little late :)

I woke up this morning and I was 259.6, which means I have lost 8.4lbs total, and am 6lbs down from my start weight. I am super pleased with my progress so far, and I have to say that the fast results are SO motivating! I am also feeling awesome on the diet, not only am I not hungry, but I am not feeling lightheaded, low-energy or drained at all. I woke up this morning with an even worse cold, red eyes and a foggy head. Other than that, I am feeling great on this diet and am super motivated to keep going with it!

I have to tell you all about the hardest moment I have had since the diet started though...after school I went to the clinic because my eyes were so red, swollen and starting to have "goop." I knew that it must be an infection, so I went and sat for an hour to get in. I finally got in, and was told to go fill a prescription for antibiotic eye drops. I drive to Shoppers and right away I am in the land of temptation! Cookies, candy, pop, chips, chocolate, popcorn and every other kind of delicious, delectable goody that I simply cannot have right now was in arms reach. I shielded my eyes, went straight to the counter and filled my prescription. The woman grabs the drops and I am thinking, YES, this won't take long and I can get out of here! She then says the five words that send my willpower out the door: IT WILL BE AN HOUR...I am crushed, almost wanting to cry. My eyes are in so much pain and my willpower is out the window. Apparently they have to test the drops and can't just give them to me...but the woman saw that I was upset and said she would try to hurry. I began wandering around the store and even though I didn't want to, I went to the candy isle and just stared. First, I picked up the skittles that were on sale, then I picked up the Junior Mints, or and Jelly Beans were on sale...all of these delicious sweets, and I was SO close to buying one and scarfing it down. I texted my husband and was encouraging me to stay strong...and you know what, I didn't want to! All I wanted in the whole world was to eat that bag of skittles, but I am proud to say that I DIDN'T!! I don't think I can express how happy I am about this...I mean I actually resisted temptation in a time when I would have ALWAYS used food as a comfort. Food has never been just sustinence, it has been a crutch, a comfort, a reward...but today I broke that habit for the first time since I can remember. My mentality has always been to say, oh well I'll start again tomorrow, and instead I said, start today! If you are reading this and you are in a similar situation, I just want to encourage you...and I know how hard it is, excrutiating even! Keep going and choose to start now, not later!!

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Iced Green Tea
Lunch: 150g of Broccoli (51 calories), 100g Ground Chicken (114 calories), Liquid Aminos, Melba Toast (20 calories)
Dinner: 200g of Asparagas/Zuchini (36 calories), 100g Tilapia (100 calories), 2 Melba toast (40 calories) Recipe here.
Dessert: 200g Strawberries made into a sorbet (64 calories)

Total Calories: 425



Today was an okay day for eating. I loved all the meals I made, but didn't drink enough water and had one extra melba toast by accident, and had to mix vegetables at dinner because I didn't have enough of one type. I also popped a piece of gum by accident today, so all in all it was not the most protocol day I have had, and hopefully I still lose tomorrow!

No comments: