Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Phase 2 Day 24

Good News, today I woke up and I wasn't having any cravings and my motivation was intact. I spent the whole day at home and wasn't tempted by anything in my house...the bread, peanut butter, jam, chocolate chips or popcorn. Hooray! Today I spent most of the day creating my "Apple" themed unit, and pinning TONS of things on pinterest...such an addiction :)

Here is what I ate today:
Breakfast: Green Tea with Lemon
Lunch: 150g Zucchini, 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (my recipe), 100g Ground Sirloin, 1 Breadstick
Dinner: Greek Shrimp Skewers with Grilled Asparagus (this was SO incredible!!)
Snack: 150g Frozen Strawberries

The frozen fruit is going to be my secret weapon this summer. It is already something that my sister and I do year-round, but this summer it will feel like such a treat! Some of my favorite memories of summer involve grabbing a bag of frozen blueberries and sitting on the couch with my sister just devoring them. I highly recommend this as a snack anytime you feel like something sweet...I waited until the strawberries were very ripe and when they are frozen they are SO sweet!

My dinner tonight was SO incredible. I have been having a lot of chicken and beef recently and honestly am pretty sick of them. So tonight I had my hubby pick up shrimp skewers. Each skewer was about 60g, but I figured with the stick and tails it would be around 50g...in other words, I ate two! I seasoned it greek-style and had grilled asparagus with it. (I will post the detailed recipe tomorrow). I can't really express how good this was, and how nice it was to eat something different for a change. The best part is that I have two more skewers for tomorrow :)


Oh, and by the way...today I was 245.6, which means I am exactly 20 pounds down from my start weight...woo hoo!!!

No comments: