Thursday, June 21, 2012

Phase 2 Day 17 and 18

Well, today I hit the 240's! I am so excited :) I have lost 16 lbs from my start weight, and over 18 since beginning Phase 2. Honestly, I expected to have lost more than this by this point...almost half way, but I know that my results are amazing. My goal is to have lost at least another 10 lbs so that I can be in the 230's...wow that would be so surreal! Tonight I was doing some research on how to kick start weight loss on the HCG diet, and one idea is a fat flush using macadamia nuts. It is a very interesting idea, essentially you eat 5 ounces of nuts over the course of your day, drink tons of water and see incredible releases (fat losses) the next day. I am super skeptical, but at the same time am willing to try it if I am experiencing a major stall in the future. I did nibble on a piece of Chocolate Delight tonight because coconut oil is supposed to really get your metabolism going. I made it on the weekend...added tons of stevia and I still HATE the way it tastes. This was super disappointing because I was so excited about the concept. I looked up several you tube videos today and found some girls who add their dairy to it and dissolve their stevia in that, which makes it taste better. They also added some macadamia nuts to their chocolate, which seems like a good idea to me as well. I am going to make another batch of the Chocolate Delight and HOPE that is turns out to be yummy and satisfying.

Yesterday was by far, the worst day that I have had on this diet. There was so much temptation around, I was sick, and I suffered from having aversions to EVERYTHING. It was 9pm and I was still standing in the kitchen desperately trying to find something that appealed to me. The only thing that appealed to me was eggs on toast. I compared the carbs in bread to my melba, and it was more (though, not by much) and I just couldn't let myself do it. I finally ended up having an omlette with tomato and onion. I sprinkled a teensy bit of low-fat cheddar cheese on top to make it more appetizing and then had a melba toast with it. It was good and satisfied my desire for eggs.


I was so frustrated yesterday and I just wanted to eat something...be normal again. I have to say, for me the biggest challenge on this diet is all mental. I want to eat something, I want to take part in eating socially, I want to go on a date with my hubby for dinner, I want to be skinny and be able to do all these things. Isn't that the dream? I definitely know that with my genetics, and my pattern of emotional eating and tendency to be addicted to things...this just isn't possible for me. I guess a girl can dream, and be really jealous of all the women out there who are able to do this. Anyways, thankfully when I woke up today I was in better spirits and didn't experience any aversions either.

On my way home from my first staff meeting at my new school (yay!), I stopped at Langley Farm Market to pick up some groceries for me. I was so pleased with what I found: Magic Seasoning Blends, Greek Seasoning Packs, Zero Chicken Broth, Pork Loin Steaks, Grissini breadsticks, and tons of cheap, fresh, yummy veggies and fruit.


The pork was only $6 for 2lbs of meat. The most conventient thing of all is that two pounds is about 900g and there were 9 pork loin steaks already portioned. That made my life so much easier!! I cooked three tonight, and then bagged the rest in two's so that I could always cook an extra one for the next day!


I also cooked extra lean ground sirloin and portioned it into bags. I kept one out and the rest went in the freezer for next week. I didn't take a picture of it, but I also made a HUGE pot of Chicken Curry Soup that my sister-in-law fed me on the weekend and I will portion it in the morning. She is doing the plan as well and is blogging her journey here.


And, here was tonight's dinner: grilled pork with a mustard and spice glaze with softened cabbage and apple. It was pretty good, but I cooked the cabbage and apple together and realized that last time I got more flavour from the apples when I cooked them separately and let them carmelize...so I will do that next time!


I REALLY hope I am down again tomorrow because now that I have reached weights in the 240's, I want to get to the 230's!!! Good night all :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mel? What diet are you doing? I have been doing Atkins and have list 18 pounds in a little less then a month. It's essential low carb higher natural fats. So I get all ky protein and cream and cheeses and all that goodness. I know many ppl with great results. I am reading the book and it is really informative. Aparently low fat stuff is not good for us. Who knew!? If you want to know more feel free to email me! I know there is a lit of stigmas with the diet, but being PCOS low carb is good for me anyways. Hope this helps!!

Unknown said...

Hey Mel? What diet are you doing? I have been doing Atkins and have list 18 pounds in a little less then a month. It's essential low carb higher natural fats. So I get all ky protein and cream and cheeses and all that goodness. I know many ppl with great results. I am reading the book and it is really informative. Aparently low fat stuff is not good for us. Who knew!? If you want to know more feel free to email me! I know there is a lit of stigmas with the diet, but being PCOS low carb is good for me anyways. Hope this helps!!

Unknown said...

Hey Mel? What diet are you doing? I have been doing Atkins and have list 18 pounds in a little less then a month. It's essential low carb higher natural fats. So I get all ky protein and cream and cheeses and all that goodness. I know many ppl with great results. I am reading the book and it is really informative. Aparently low fat stuff is not good for us. Who knew!? If you want to know more feel free to email me! I know there is a lit of stigmas with the diet, but being PCOS low carb is good for me anyways. Hope this helps!!

Melody Bell said...

Hi! Your comment comes up as unknown so I am not sure who this is :) I am doing the HCG diet, which means eliminating sugar and carbs from your diet for up to 40 days, then 3 more weeks for maintaining but you can add back fat and dairy, then 3 weeks where you add back in carb in small amounts, in a healthy way. So essentially it is a 80 day cycle that helps you lose weight quickly, reset your metabolism, kick the cravings and be able to maintain the weight you got down to. I have been having great success so far, and being PCOS I know that low-carb is the way to go as well :)

Michelle said...

Hey Mel - can you share the Chocolate Delight recipe? I'm having a terrible day on this program today. So hungry. And want everything! LOL

Melody Bell said...

Sure Michelle!
1 cup of coconut oil
3/4 cup of cocoa (unsweetened)
1/4 cup milk
stevia packages to taste

Dissolve the stevia packages (probably 10-20) in the milk as it warms up. Melt the oil in the microwave and then add it and the cocoa to the milk mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined, and adjust sweetness as needed at this point. Something I haven't tried yet, is putting a small amount of macadamia nut chopped in the chocolate, as it is supposed to help stop a stall. Pour the chocolate into mini muffin tin and freeze for 15 min or so. Pop them out, put them in a bag and eat when needed. I have talked to several people who have done this diet and they do not use this in their calories...it is a bonus!

You can do it Michelle :)

Michelle said...

Really? That's so simple. Thanks, Mel. I'm going to try this. I appreciate it. I'm at a stall now, but I also haven't been drinking enough water lately and I wasn't great with eating yesterday as we were out (I scraped the inside of a sandwich out so I could eat it, but I probably still got too many calories).