Sunday, March 22, 2009

The next 13 weeks of my life...

For the next 13 weeks I will be Mrs.Bell to a wonderfully cute bunch of grade 3 students. I will start off at 30-50% teaching and within a few weeks I will be teaching full time! I am so excited about this, for as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a teacher and I finally get the chance. Some of the units I will be teaching include:

Being a Historian
Heritage of Canada
Fractions and Numeration
Pirates Integrated Unit
Games based on Sports
Being a Good Friend
"Owls in the Family" Novel Study
Plant Growth and Changes

It is kinda crazy that I am responsible for all the things that my students learn in the next couple months...it is a big responsibility! I think the thing that I want the most is to inspire my students to believe that learning and school are exciting, useful and fun things in life. I know that not every teacher desires or tries to do this, but I want to be the kind of teacher who's own passion for learning overflows to the students in my class. Anyways, the next 13 weeks of my life are going to fly by at an immense pace, but I cannot wait to be back in the classroom! I am going to try to keep my blog updated regularly with news from my class for any readers out there (if there are any).

No comments: