Friday, August 31, 2007

The Return to the World of Television

When we first moved to Guelph our first basement suite included tv in the utilites and then when we moved to our current place we opted not to pay for tv. So it has been a good, long period of crazy bunny ears and moving the tv all over the living room just to see if we can get CBC for the Canucks games! Rogers is having an amazing sale so we have decided to dump Bell and go with them because for just $20 more per month we can get everything with Rogers and have VIP cable, I have to say that I am pretty excited. We have been trying so hard to be wise with our money and budgeting and the fact that we have made a switch and are getting more for our dollar is rewarding. I am on this budgeting kick right now because Sam and I literally do not know where all of our money goes each month, we always have enough but I have a feeling that we could be saving more effectively if we entered everything we spent into a document. I have made the template for September and I hope it is going to show us that we have more money than we think we do. SO, here's to the return of tv, the return of the Canucks (timeshifting is going to be awesome), and to budgeting!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Good job on budgeting.. Nate and I cannot get by without him doing the spreadsheet each month to see where we stand. We're not looking forward to mat leave payments ending in two months... bummer.

Melody Bell said...

Yeah that will suck! Do you have another plan for work or are you just going to stay home with your babies? PS: The first comment on the blog!

Sara said...

YAY!! I LOVE comments!

I'll likely be working from home doing stuff for Matty as he's REALLY busy. If Sam still lived here, he would probably being trying to convince him to come work for him instead of being a pastor. He's hired Shane Bolan part time.