Monday, January 18, 2010

So I blinked and realized that almost 6 months had gone by!

So...I haven't blogged in a really long time, but I do want to try and do so much more this year! I have to say that in the past few months, nothing major has really happened, which is good and bad. I have so enjoyed my mornings at home and the luxury that it is! I also wish that I could be out teaching and making a difference in students' lives, but as I have said before...God is teaching me patience. Other than that, Sam and I have been doing well. My wonderful husband who works so hard for our family got a new job and is really enjoying it. He is still not doing what he is called to do, but it is something that he can do now and still love. In light of the fact that Sam and I are both not in our careers right now, I have been reminded of the verses that we pledged and promised would be at the center of our marriage:

Romans 12:9-13
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

There is so much truth packed into just a few lines and this year I want to commit to remembering these verses a lot more!

Some exciting family news is that my Sister-in-Law and Brother-in Law are expecting their second child really soon! I am so happy for them and I cannot believe that is a few short weeks they are going to be a family of four! I hope that in the near future we can give some cousins for my niece and future nephew to play with!

No comments: