Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A little less complaining, and a little more positivity!

If you read my blog, which I'm sure not many do, you know that I have recently become a teacher. However, I am a teacher without a classroom! There have been so many government cuts and subsequent layoffs that there is no room for new teachers like me. In the past few months I have expanded my tutoring and it is filling my weeks now! I just got another job with a tutoring company who finds my students for me, which is really nice! I am enjoying my current situation, and lately I have been trying to see the positives to tutoring over teaching. I get to have mornings at home, which I really enjoy. I have been in school since I was 5 years old, and I never took a break, so having mornings off has been lovely. I also enjoy the fact that I have time for more of the activities that I love, like knitting, scrapbooking, exercising (well, I'm getting there), and cooking. So, I guess the point of this blog is to do the opposite of complaining, which I do frequently. I am blessed that I have work that pays me well, and I know that teaching is something that I am called to do and therefore, it will happen one of these days!

No comments: