Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a wonderful day with my husband! I woke up to a birthday adventure all based on movies that I love!

1. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Sam made me a wonderful breakfast to start the day!

2. In Her Shoes - He bought me a new pair of shoes for my birthday that I was to wear when we went out!

3. Confessions of a Shopaholic - I opened a gift with a bag in it that I have wanted for a while!

4. The Sound of Music, Miss Congeniality and You've Got Mail each signified a gift card that he got me so that I could go on a mini shopping spree! The Sound of Music was for HMV, where I bought Love Actually, Mamma Mia soundtrack and Becoming Jane. Miss Congeniality signified a 'make-over' for which I got a Body Shop gift card! And You've Got Mail was for Chapters because whenever I see that movie, I wish that I could own a children's book store!

5. The next movie was Ratatooie, he took me out to dinner at the Olive Garden in Langley. I decided to not think about the calories and got Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara, it was so delicious!

6. Music and Lyrics - We were off to a CD recording at CLA Langley, which was so awesome! They were giving away prizes and asked if it was anyone's birthday, Sam and Hannah made me go up! It was slightly embarressing as they sang...but I got $30 to Starbucks so I am thrilled!

7. Sex and the City - He wanted to take me out for drinks and dessert, but we ended up being really tired so we got slurpees, came home and watched Love Actually!

It was such an amazing day and I have my wonderful husband to thank for that!! Here's to being 24 years old, I don't really feel different but I have to say that being close to 25 seems a little bit weird and scary! By this time next year I hope that I am teaching and possibly preggo...so needless to say this year is going to be fun!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like an awesome day - way to go Sam! :)

Melody Bell said...

It was an awesome day! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing day...It does feel weird being near 25 doesn't it...3 more months for me. Hope school is going ok. Hope to see you soon.
Gemma

4ever29 said...

What a great birthday adventure! happy belated birthday Melody :)